Wine tasting in Nafplio
Did you know that Greece has a large variety of excellent wine?
The Greek fertile soil, Mediterranean climate and right altitude make the Greek wines so special. You will experience all this in the flavor and aromas of the different Greek wines you are going to taste. Many of them are grown in protected geographical areas, some since ancient Greek time! Feel like Dionysius and join our wine tasting tour.
Nafplio is your destination for wine tasting. In the historical centre of Nafplio our Grecopaths tour escort will take you for a mini city tour on foot, to the remains of the city plan from around 1500, were our certified Wine Master . He will inform and explain everything to you about the grape varieties from different regions in Greece, and the wines you are going to taste.
Furthermore he is a founding member of the Greek Sommeliers Society, founded in 1997. He took courses for sommeliers in France and is a holder of a Master in European Vineyards, as well as of the Professional Certificate in Spirits of the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSPC).
If you are a wine “connoisseur”, there is no limit to the budget, you can make any suggestion or request.
You will also be able to taste the famous traditional Greek ouzo and tsipouro, as this family produces ouzo and tsipouro from excellent quality since their origin.
The wine and spirits trail brings people closer; it is a way of life that if you have not discover it yet, it’s worth learning it and dare to taste it.
Wine tasting is now a tradition in this wine shop, in groups of 20-25 people from all around the world. Comparative tasting of Greek wine varieties and ouzo, tsipouro, whisky and all kinds of spirits.
There is also a possibility to choose among five hundred Greek labels and two hundred foreign ones, as well as many aged Greek wines dating since 1990 and foreign wines since 1987.
Finally, in this ‘wine shop” is one of the rare places in Greece where you can smoke and compare HABANOS cigars.
Try a trip that will open your heart! “And wine makes glad a mom’s heart” in the wine shop, in the spirits’ space-time.
Departure/Return LocationPhilellinon Square or your Hotel
IncludedLocal, English speaking tour escortphotographs from the tour
Not IncludedLicensed tour guide
Instead of finding the best shops-restaurants from Trip-Advisor
- First of all, your tour escorts on this tour, as well as on the other tours offered by Grecopaths, are locals. They have lived their whole lives in this area that you are visiting for the first time. Whatever the internet says, locals have the first say.
- We don’t only go to shops-restaurants with you; we will take you to the homes of Greeks to experience the Greek hospitality, their customs and traditions from nearby. You will have authentic conversations with the house owners, they will treat you and feed you with what they have and what they eat themselves during the day.
- The Chef-expert on the gastronomic tours of Grecopaths has access to all the kitchens of the shops-restaurants that we visit. For this reason you will be certain of the best quality of all the products that have been used and of the styling of your plate as well (food style).
- Walking through town with your tour escort will give you the opportunity to learn a lot about the city of Nafplio and its highlights, but also to develop other topics of discussion: about their daily life, other local activities, events that are organized in town and surrounding villages by local operators, depending on your time of visit.
- Depending the season, the hour (morning or evening hours), your eating habits/food restrictions, the number of persons, the season, we will adjust the menu, as well as the walking tour, so you can enjoy to the fullest exactly that what you want.
- We are flexible, as during our food tour it has happened that our visitor wants to increase the hiking route and minimize the food or vice versa. No stress, everything is possible, you are on vacation, don’t forget it.
- We know all the shop owners very well on personal level and we help the local economy by giving an income to the financially most “weak“, having off course the standard quality that we request for you.
- Food is the best way to learn about the mentality and culture of people. Drink to your health and play a game that the ancient Greeks played at their symposiums!