Family cycling tour in Nafplio
A friendly family or for beginners cycling tour, starts from the lighthouse of the picturesque harbor of Nafplio.
There are very few uphills and downhills and all the tour is cycling across the sea.
Firstly you cycle into the paved path under the walls of Acronafplia admiring the five canons from the Venetians period of occupation.
The Acronafplia was the Acropolis of Nafplion and the oldest of all the castles of the city. The Turks called Itch-Kale, which means inner fortress. It is a long, narrow rocky peninsula with 85m. height, 400m width and 900m length and enters into the Gulf of Argolis.
Continue on our tour we pass from the church called Panagitsa, which was the secret school that operated during the Ottoman occupation. In a few minutes we arrive in Arvanitia beach and from there starts 2.5km dirt path which will lead us to Karathona beach .On the left side we can see the foothills of Palamidi castle and on the right side the view of the sea and of the highest mountains of the Peloponnese. Mountain Artemision 1771m high, which is natural boundary in two prefectures Argolida, Arkadia, and the mountain of Parnonas which has altitude 1940 meters.
In the middle of our way we meet the climbing field of Nafplio, where notable sport routes are for climbing lovers.
After 2.5km the dirt path ends and we arrive at the sandy Karathona beach. We cycle another 2.5 km across the beach under the shadows of the eucalyptus trees and we reach in a picturesque church with wooden benches and roof. It is perfect place to rest and to have lunch break with sea view.
For those who want to discover more we can walk in a dirt path 300 m distance which will lead us in a beautiful chapel next to it with a fantastic sea view. The scenery reminds you an island, with the land and the road to stop and the sea to surrounds us.
After this ‘walking break’ we can go back take our bicycles and continue our tour returning from the same path to our starting point.
Finally for those who want to extend the cycling tour (+-4 km) we can continue the cycling tour through the old and modern neighborhoods of Nafplio meeting the non-tourism places of the city .
Highlights:Acropolis of Αcronafplia,cycling across the coast,wonderful sea view of surrounding mountains,picturesque church
Depends on number of persons and season please contact us!
Useful notes : Please inform us if you don’t have a back pack / We organize a small personal pharmacy staff if there is a specific personal medical history / We are in good physical condition for the activity’s level we chose / We follow the instructions of our tour escort
Departure/Return LocationPhilellinon Square
Dress CodeSuitable clothing for the activity always according to the weather conditions
IncludedLocal, English speaking tour escortphotographs from the tour
Not IncludedLicensed tour guide
Why book a cycling tour with Grecopaths,
Instead of renting a bike on your own?
- You have the confidence that the bike that you are going to ride is new model 2017 or older than that in a very well condition.
- Our bike expert, Ioannis, that you can read his CV here is responsible for the service of our bikes every single ride after you, the bikes are being controlled and repaired if it is necessary.
- Even you don’t want a guided tour and you need just to rent a bike it is possible to do that too.
- In a nearby location from you will be always standby a partner of us for emergency reasons.
- Taking a bike from our team you support the local economy and you help us to continue offering you our best quality of services.
- There is the possibility to rent an e-bike too (limited number of bikes: 2)
- Our tour escorts on bike tours, as well as on the other tours offered by Grecopaths, are locals. They have lived their whole lives in this area that you are visiting for the first time. Whatever the internet says, locals have the first say and you will learn more things than you expected!